Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lord, nothing is impossible with you. I am your servant.

Tonight in Bible Class we were reviewing the birth of Christ. I know, a few weeks late, but they are embarking on a study on the book of Luke and that is how the book of Luke starts. Two verses really spoke to me...

The first one is talking about how even "old" Elizabeth is with child:

Luke 1:37 For nothing is impossible with God.

Isn't it amazing that he used an older woman to show how miraculous he was? God can and frequently does things that seem against the odds. Thank you LORD for being so awesome! I know in my life HE has done things that I thought were impossible. I'm trying Lord, to let go. Let go of my control and just let YOU shine. YOU will put us where we need to be and it will be all for YOUR good. Notice I didn't say it would be good for say, us. But the outcomes will be good for God and for showing HIS glory!

The second verse is Mary's answer after Gabriel tells her that she is going to have God's child:

Luke 1:38 "I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said."...

Wow, what phenomenal faith! She is more than likely a very young woman that has just been cast into a terrible position. She will be pregnant without a husband at time when that could have gotten her stoned. And yet she doesn't protest, or whine, or complain, or give a million reasons why she just can't right now....she submits. She says she is the LORD's servant! Lord, let me have this faith. The faith that YOU will protect our family, that everything will go according to YOUR plans.

Lord, nothing is impossible with you. I am your servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment